There is so much to think about when it comes to your wedding. Chances are for most of you it’s your first time. I’m here to give you a quick and simple guide to what flowers you need for your wedding day. This is not an exhaustive list and there are many ways to style your wedding with beautiful flowers,
The Wedding Flower Checklist.
For the Wedding Party
- The Bridal Bouquet – the most important pieces I’d say!
- Bridesmaids/Flower girls
- Grooms Buttonhole
- Groomsmen’s Buttonhole – this includes Father of the Bride
- Corsages for parents/grandparents
- Pedestal arrangements – either at the entry or alter or both!
- Alter arrangement for a church or floral arch for a civil/outside ceremony
- Aisle arrangements – this can create a real impact walking down the aisle.
- Top Table arrangement – it is nice to have something a little different on the top table.
- Table Centrepieces
- Flowers for the cake/cake table
- Bar decoration
- Flower Arches – check this Moon Arch, massive swoon…
- Table Plan flowers
I always advise repurposing flowers from the ceremony to the reception, it saves money and can give the venue an added wow factor. It is also a much more sustainable way to use the flowers,
This list is quite traditional and is just a guide. I do like to break the rules so we can discuss exactly what you want and need. Recently I’ve been doing a lot of quotes for larger pieces with couples not going for the traditional centrepieces which can add up. If you would like to book your consultation with me click here. https://foragefloristry.co.uk/wedding-consultation/